These images show a saw cut, aggregate block of wood that has been hand dipped in black paint. The aggregate cutting idea is something I've had in my head for quite a while and I'm glad that I finally got around to testing it. The assembly required immensely more material that I imagined and in the end produced a look that I did not anticipate. Still, I like what's going on and am going to try more at a larger scale.
We're working long days trying to assemble our installation in time for the opening of the Camp Bisco Music Festival.
These proofsheets show various configurations of our chandelier during assembly.